How to fix an over brine thanksgiving turkey



Dear AL:
My thanksgiving dinner is ruined! Right now everyone is sitting in the livingroom waiting on my turkey which tastes like the Dead Sea! My bird usually tastes great after brining it with salt and spices for a couple of days, but the turkey my husband brought home was KOSHER! It was already salted to death and I added on top of that! Al, I don't want to feed my guests only stuffing. What can I do?!
-- Army wife, Germany


Dear Army wife:
Send your husband to McDonalds.

Look... I'm sure it's late over there. The only thing you could do is feed them stuffing and whatever else you have prepared. No way you'll be able to fix that turkey. Your bird might be ruined, but don't let that ruin the rest of the night. Be thankful your friends showed up to fill up on bread.

I'm sure everyone would get a good laugh out of this, that's unless they're porkers who were looking to get stuffed, then you're screwed!

Happy thanksgiving!

No comments: