Why Is It So Hard To Quit Smoking?

Dear Al:
I just quit smoking a day ago, and I'm going nuts! I can't think, I'm very moody, my heads hurting right now, and I feel like I'm gona throw up! Me and my husband want to have a baby right now, but why is it so hard for me to quit this time? The last time I quit wasn't this bad!

Al, tell me freakin something to keep me from smoking again! This shit fuckin sucks!
-- Diane, Los Angeles

Dear Diane:
It's gona kill ya, and harm your baby! You know this, so don't be a butthead and start that shit up again! Cigarettes kill more Americans than alcohol, car accidents, suicide, AIDS, homicide, and illegal drugs combined! Each year, about 438,000 people die in the US from tobacco use. Smoking is associated with reduced fertility and a higher risk of miscarriage, early delivery (prematurity), stillbirth, infant death, and is a cause of low birth weight in infants. It has also been linked to sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).

American Cancer Society: "Cigarette Smoking"

The reason why it's so hard to quit smoking this time around is because the Tobacco Companies secretly added 10 to 20 percent more nicotine to their cigarettes. Don't you just love them? Smokers who choose "light" brands hoping to reduce their nicotine intake are out of luck. According to a recent report, there was no significant difference in the total nicotine delivered between "full flavor," "medium," "light," or "ultra-light" cigarettes.

LA Times: "Cigarettes Packing More Nicotine, Report Shows"
New York Times: "Raising Nicotine Doses, on the Sly"
Massachusetts Department of Health: "Nicotine in cigarettes increases"

is more toxic and addictive than Cocain. 40–60 mg of nicotine is a lethal dosage for adults, which makes it 16-25 times more deadly than Cocain, which has a lethal dose at 1000 mg.

Wikipedia: "Nicotine"

Smoking will eventually make you look worse than the girl in the post before this one! Had enough?

Filed under: , , , addictions,

4 comments:

Vengelyne said...

The last time she quit wasn't this bad? Uh... am I missing something? If she had quit successfully, why is she quitting again?

Maybe she should quit slowly instead of cold turkey.

Sherry said...

Great advice Al!

She knew the answer to this question before she even asked!

Lori said...

If I was a smoker...that would've done it for me!!!

Have a great day!!!

Linda said...

Great advice Al!
This was my third time quiting cause I always started back up but this time it was the hardest! I think it gets harder each time.
I made a vow to myself never start up again and I am sticking with it.
If you hang in there Diane and stick with it your days will get easier and easier. Good luck to ya.